Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Doubt Your Doubts, Before You Doubt Your Beliefs!



This week was FABULOUS!!! (imagine me singing that word). When Soeur Mann arrived, we made the decision to explode Carcassonne... and that is just what is happening. We go home at the end of each successful day and kneel in overwhelming gratitude for the inconceivable miracles that we were blessed to witness during the day. We found three new amis last week, and one today. 

Chan Than is still struggling to quit smoking, so pray for him please! However, Jean Francois is a dream. He is the most prepared man in all of Carcassonne. He came to THREE sessions of conference. We were a little apprehensive to invite him, but he loved every moment and couldn't wait to come for more. While Bednar was speaking, we became worried because we hadn't taught him Tithing yet... at the end of the session Jean-François told us that his favorite talk was Bednar's and that he can't wait to learn how he can receive the blessings of tithing!! WOOWW!! We about cried. We also taught him the Word of Wisdom this week... we went full ahead and he accepted it without a doubt. He quit smoking a few months ago, but he does drink coffee. He told us he still had a few cigarettes at his place, and that he had lots of coffee. He immediately told us he would throw them into the garbage where they belong when he got home. Oh heavens. We are so incredibly blessed to be his missionaries. He loves us so much. He calls us his sisters and texts us after each RDV telling us how grateful he is that he met us. He has already made so many changes and seen such a difference in his life. He thinks he is the lucky one, but little does he know how much his faith is strengthening mine. Please keep him in your prayers. We asked to change his baptismal date to the 19th because that is Soeur Mann's birthday, and he quickly accepted! We helped him move today. He found a new apartment; his favorite part about it is that it is about a 5 minute walk from the church... He is so golden. AHHH!!! (Screams of overwhelming joy!)

So Mardi we had basically no plans, so we decided to go contacting/porting/searching for old amis. Half way through the hot day we received a phone call from an unknown number. The man on the other line said that we had contacted him earlier in the day, and after thinking about it he decided to call the number on our card and demand to learn more! We met him at the church that night. We have met with him three times since. His name is Jullien. He is 27 and very curious. We set a baptismal date with him the 3rd of November. He came to conference as well and loved it! He learns very quickly and loves learning about Joseph Smith. He has lots of faith. We are so grateful that we have pass along cards... without them, the Lord would not have been able to provide us with such a miracle! God bless whoever invented those pieces of paper :) 

So the ward gave us a referral when I first arrived in June... we called and called and called to no avail. Then we gave up! It had been about two months since we had tried, and I randomly felt the urge to call them. I dug out their number and dialed the number... they answered. We talked. We set a RDV for this weekend. It is a family with kids. What a blessing. What a miracle. The Lord has been so good to us. 

We had so many fun RDVs with ward members this week... they feed us well. I fear that if I get transferred at the end of the month that I will be devastated and heart broken. I fear even more that I may stay another transfer and then grow even closer to the beautiful families here. What am I to do?! Pray for the Carcassonne ward. There are struggles, but they are WONDERFUL! 

So get ready for the funniest thing in the world... I HAVE LICE! Okay, I HAD lice. My head was itching sooo badly last week. We were at the church for a meeting last Thursday and I about cried when Soeur Martin, the bishops wife, pulled two little bugs out of my hair. Like seriously? I'm in France, not Africa!! Basically all day Friday was spent doing a lice killing treatment. Can I just say that Soeur Mann is the best companion ever? She spent about two hours using a lice comb, pulling bug corpses from my scalp. Wow. She is the best... we had a great time together. As you can imagine, our unity is higher than ever now! haha, so the treatment killed all of the bugs and now I am lice free... it was scary, but now it is just hilarious.

We were able to go to Perpignan to see a baptism in our district this weekend... it got me really excited for our baptisms coming up! We will be leaving for Aix tomorrow to go to Zone Conference. We will go to Perpignan this weekend for another baptism, and then we will go to Bordeaux in a week for exchanges. Wow I'm so lucky to be in this beautiful country!



We had many other miracles as we found Maria, an Armenian woman and her family to teach this week, as well as Ali, a very curious man looking for the truth. He came to conference and loved it very much. He told us he would be back for church next week.

So lastly, I just want to say that I was spiritually edified this weekend. Holland's, Bednar's, Oak's, Ballard's, and especially Eyring's talks touched my heart the most. I am so grateful to have living prophets and apostles to lead and guide us in this ever changing world! 

I wept at the promise that if we as missionaries and as members of this church come together in faith, we will touch millions of hearts between now and Christmas. I take that challenge full heartedly and I ask you to as well. Pray. Seek. Find. You can be a blessing to those around you. 

I am more inspired than ever to better myself everyday and do the will of the Lord in every manner. I love you all so much. I am so grateful for you. My heart aches when I think of you and how much I miss you, but I know the time away from you will all be worth it. 




Have faith. Turn to the Lord. Pray. 

Je vous aime beaucoup. Passez une bonne semaine ma belle famille.

Avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Beeny


(Neighbor's Underwear Hanging Out to Dry)

No comments:

Post a Comment