Thursday, June 5, 2014

Oh Oh Oh It's Magic! June 2, 2014



Any sadness of leaving Angouleme was replaced by my new found love of big villes… like wow. Trams are the greatest things in the world. We were able to contact and use the questionnaire like bosses this week!! We saw so many miracles… Soeur Grunke and I kept telling each other that the questionnaire will never cease to amaze us! It is simply magical! One day this week, we had a few RDVs set up, and then a bit of time to go to the centre to contact. We took a tram to the center and then spent a bit of time there… and within the hour we had set up 5 RDVs!! HOLY MOLY! I was trippin over the elect the Lord was placing in our path! It was a fantastic day. 

We have quite a few awesome amis here that are preparing for baptism… Armand is an 11 year old,
who's parents are members. They didn't think he was mature enough to be baptized when he was 8, so they waited until now! Ha ha, we are working with him gladly. He is such a fun kid. We had a pleasant stroll in their large backyard garden… I may have eaten too many cherries off of the tree, but they didn't mind. They have turtles and a pet bunny that roams at its own will, ha ha. The rabbit comes to you when you call its name! ITS LIKE A DOG! Ryan is preparing to be baptized the 5th of July. 

We are teaching a 10 year old boy named Ryan. His mother is a less active woman. Ryan is the sweetest boy, and yet he finds himself confined to a wheelchair. His handicap doesn't keep him from smiling and becoming the next Picasso though! His Christlike humility and love emanate goodness. He is preparing to be baptized the 5th of July.

AimĂ© is an awesome African scientist who loves our message. He is preparing to be baptized the 5th of July. Amandine is an incredible 20 year old French young woman! I love her to pieces. She is young in the faith, and yet as valiant as an 8th generation member! She is truly seeking for the truth. She brings friends and family members to our lessons because she doesn't want to seem selfish and keep this message to herself. She came to church for the first time yesterday and loved the services. We plan to invite her to prepare herself to be baptized the 5th of July. See a pattern here? The 5th of July is going to be the most miraculous present to the Lord in the history of the France Lyon Mission!!!!! Please, keep us in your prayers. Anything is possible with the Lord. 

Something I have been missing in my missionary work: less actives. Soeur Richardson helped me fall
in love with less actives in Chambery, and that was something that lacked in Angouleme. I am so grateful to be working with some incredible less active women in our ward here in Clermont. It is special to find someone and teach them and see them receive the restored gospel, but there is something more tender about seeing someone who has fallen away, return to activity. They return to the warmth of the Saviors arms. For whatever reason they left, they have been re welcomed with love and gratitude! Oh man I love being a missionary and seeing lives changed by the gospel of Christ… I will be changed forever.

We were able to do some great work with the Burtons, the senior couple in our ward, during the week. We took a long voyage into the depths of the French countryside this past Saturday to visit the Potter family! They are an inactive British couple who bought an old, OLD OLD French cabin thing and then renovated it! So impressed. We chopped wood and filled up their cellar for the winter! It was a beautiful day, and I finally got a little sun :) They were so fun. They were touched by our willingness to come so far and work so hard to serve them. The Lord is slowly working on them through our service.

We had a sweet miracle this week. We were on the tram and I contacted this woman named
Angelique. She is French, but her South African boyfriend has her speaking fluent English! We had an INCREDIBLE conversation where I taught her about the Book of Mormon using the pictures, WHEN SUDDENLY Soeur Grunke called me to get off the tram because we had arrived! It was packed full, so I had to dive into the crowd of people, leaving me no time to get Angeliques number. I threw her a card and begged her with my eyes to call…. Two days later, after our schedule had been drastically changed, we found ourselves in the local, lovely park that is unfortunately called Jardin Lecoq… We were leaving when through the gate I saw Angelique and her darling little boy!! I screamed and ran up to her! She was just as happy to see me as I was to see her! While her son played on the playground, we shared with her our purpose as missionaries and our desire to teach her the gospel. She accepted and we set a RDV for this coming week… I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is watching over me and His other children. 

Our ward is amazing. Yes, I said WARD! There are about 80 active members here. I was blown away,
and the members were blown away as well because I had studied up and I knew all their names before even meeting them! The Young Adults are the most impressive group… about 4 of them have been baptized within the last 6 months. One YA, David, was a miracle known throughout the mission. A few months ago, he was having a hard time. He prayed and asked God to help him. He distinctly received the impression to find The Book of Mormon. He went to the local library and asked for a copy. He read 1 Nephi 1 on the spot and felt an overwhelming confirmation of its truthfulness. He found us online through FB and then found the Burtons phone number. He called Elder Burton and said "Hello, my name is David. I would like to be baptized." He is one of the driving forces of our ward here in Clermont now. He is starting his mission papers. WOOOOWWW! It was like meeting a legend! That is one simple example of how remarkable the members are here. I am so lucky to be called here. The Lord answers prayers. He loves us.

I continued my Elder Anderson study this week. My favorite talk was titled Never Leave Him. It discussed true conversion, and how to prepare ourselves for moments when we might possibly waver in our faith. He tells us Choose not to be offended, and Choose not to be ashamed. He tells us "Life is no spiritual picnic… We stand apart from the world… concerning challenges, if approached with faith, these refining experiences bring a deeper conversion of the Saviors reality… The road of discipleship is no for the spiritually faint of heart… we pray and PRAY and listen to the quiet voice of the Holy Ghost that leads us along and speaks peace to our soul… Whatever challenges arise, we never, never leave Him." I applied this in my missionary work this week. As challenges arose, I chose to be forgiving, and to not become offended. Sister Hansen, my homeward Bishops wife once gave me GOLDEN advice… "Whenever someone says something mean to you, pretend like they just put their foot in their mouth… then you will never become offended!" True Doctrine. I also kept my favorite poem in my mind this week. It is entitled Fellowship of the Unashamed.

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

Remember these words this week and choose the Lord! He will bless you and support you. Have a wonderful week!

Avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Beeny

No comments:

Post a Comment