Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I've Got A Dream - June 23, 2014



After the oh so inspirational Elder Anderson conference, I decided to study up on Faith and Miracles… Specifically on how faith can lead to miracles. In the Bible dictionary we can learn some inspiration about what miracles are: "Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature, so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power. Some lower law was in each case superseded by the action of a higher. Miracles were and are a response to faith, and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith. They are simply works, or the natural results of he Messiah's presence among men; they are wonders, marvels, because of the effect produced on those who saw them. Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. If miracles cease it is because faith has ceased." Holy wow. When we have enough faith, miracles are produced out of necessity. They are also REAL PROOF that the Savior is present among us… We tried to remember these beautiful nuggets of truth as we went through our week and found incredible miracles. For instance… this weekend we had two incredible ward activities!

Saturday night we had a night of music! It was a great barbecue followed by a karaoke sing off! We left before the Babylon music came on, but we were able to welcome 5 amis to the activity, which is such a miracle in itself! 

Angelique came with her adorable son, and was blown away by the kindness and coolness of our members. She will be going back to South Africa this coming weekend, but she was able to learn so much from our YSA who are preparing for missions. David taught her the plan of salvation, baptism, and temples… She texted us the next day and asked us for the information for the missionaries in South Africa. We weren't able to see much come from our labors, but the fruits will bloom in South Africa for sure! During the activity a random man showed up. He looked familiar. Members came up and told me that a man was looking for the sisters. Upon talking to him, we found out that we had met him two weeks earlier on the bus! We had done the questionnaires with him and left him with our card. He happened to be in the neighborhood so stopped by to check out the church. His name is Ivio. He came at just the right moment too! He ate and got SPARKED by the members. He couldn't stay too long, but he asked for a tour of the chapel and a Book of Mormon. He took the knowledge with gratitude and promised to come to church the following morning. He indeed came to church… We don't know much about him yet, but he certainly is a miracle for us right now! We will share more next week :)

We had an exchange this week… I was with Soeur Bently. I did an exchange with her when I was
still a Bleu in Carcassonne. The day of our first exchange she had received some medical test results and was going to be sent home for a short time… It was a very dramatic exchange, and I learned a lot about my perspective that day. She went home for two transfers, was diagnosed with cancer, fought and overcame the cancer, and is now back in the field. It was so incredible to be with her! Her faith strengthened my faith. She is a miracle! And we saw so many miracles together on our exchange! We found 2 super cool potentials and ended up teaching a really powerful lesson to Rokia our ami. I am so grateful for exchanges. They teach me so much.

Amandine is still doing fantastic, but she wasn't able to come to church yesterday, so she won't be able to be baptized the 5th of July… Bummer, but its okay because I know that its all in the Lords timing. Armand is still going strong for the 5th. Please pray for him. Antonio is growing so much in his faith! Even if we have to take it step by step. He has been incredibly integrated by a brother in the ward that has taken him under his wing… wow. Member missionary work is priceless. 
We found some great new amis this week that we randomly met on the street, including a little family!! Miracles. People are just falling into our laps. 

I just want you to know that I love Soeur Grunke with all my heart… Seriously. I adore her so much. We laugh together like crazy people. I have the funniest journal entries of my entire life with her. Also, I keep having the freaking weirdest dreams of my life… But they're not as good as reality.

This week I pondered on how much I have grown during my mission… I am still a bit odd and crazy and loud and fun, but with a different reason behind my living the way I do. My testimony has grown exponentially. I wanted to commemorate my deep testimony forged during my mission, to the wonderful hours of study we are allotted every day, but this week while praying I had an overwhelming feeling that my testimony is developing not solely from my studies. My work ethic, diligence, and obedience contributes to a majority of my testimony. Citing scriptures and learning doctrine would mean nothing if I didn't live up to what I was learning. I would never know the truths of my studies unless I put it to the test in my personal life. I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. I am grateful for every hardship, every difficult moment, every opportunity to show Him that I do indeed love Him. Brothers and Sisters, I love the Lord. I love Him with all my heart. Be obedient to Him. In the words of King Benjamin "If ye believe all these things, see that you do them." 

Have a blessed week my loved ones, no matter where in the world you may find yourself this week :)

avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Beeny














































































No comments:

Post a Comment