Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Uh-oh Baby, baby, baby, OOOHHH (J Biebs version) - August 18, 2014



Wow!!! Sorry this email is so late... I find myself in Lyon today. 

My darling Soeur Grunke was transfered today to the black hole we like to call Switzerland, to Neuchatel with a British companion. She will love it, and I will miss her with my whole soul! I will be spending the next few days here in Lyon. I have been called to train a new sister! I'M HAVING A BABY!!!! I don't know who she is... she is literally still in the MTC in Provo, haha. So you and I won't know who she is for a few days time. Pray that my bleu will come to France ready to bring about miracles in the city of Clermont-Ferrand :) and then pray for me to have more patience and to be able to teach with love and kindness. 

So this week was pretty crazy. We had incredible goals and huge dreams to achieve... unfortunately, our ideas came crumbling down as our amis and less actives fell through one by one... we were disappointed by what happened, but we knew that others have their own agency, and we can only do what we can do. Pray that our amis will come through this week :)

But we still had great experiences! We had a fantastic time at President's house last P-Day. Seeing all of the missionaries in P-Day clothes is sooo odd... NORMAL LIFE!! haha, We played volleyball, ate American food, had ping pong tournaments. It was basically just the greatest. Also, the Roney's have the greatest American food storage in the world. 

While in Lyon, we had a fantastic exchange with the Alpes sisters! I was able to be with Soeur DO, whom I lived with in Chambery! It was such a wonderful reunion for us. We had a blast to say the least. We visited the CRAZIEST less active in the world... I was laughing so hard the entire visit. African women are a HOOT! We also had a great opportunity to talk with many of the Lord's children... unfortunately, we met some of the crankiest people... there was one couple that we talked to and they were incredibly open at the beginning of the conversation, but slowly, they began to yell at us and pull out random doctrinal facts and questioning everything. There was literally a point when the man began yelling "FALSE! FALSE!" at us during the contact... It was quite disturbing, and in my heart I wanted to blow up and ask him who he was to question the the doctrine of Christ! But, Soeur DO and I were able to stay calm, and even keep big smiles and be patient. We walked away from them to go to my train, and as we walked away, he yelled "REPENTEZ-VOUS!" meaning "REPENT!!" hahaha, we thought that was our role :) anyway, as I shared this experience with the Lord, I felt an overwhelming impression that we were given this opportunity to learn patience and charity. I am so grateful for all of our trials and the opportunities to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. 

We had so many opportunities to be with members this week... we were invited EVERYWHERE to eat :) We went to a ward BBQ and played some solid rounds of badminton... We visited the Mession family, and they showed us a zucchini from their backyard garden. When they brought it from the kitchen, our mouths dropped to the floor. IT WAS THE SIZE OF A BABY! Honestly, highlight of the week, ha! 

The second greatest part of the week was being able to teach Amandine... We were incredibly worried about teaching her tithing. She has a long hour job and works constantly and the idea of asking her to give up money from her already wavering paycheck made my heart hurt... after realizing that Satan was filling my mind with these fears, we pushed them away and taught her of the blessings of obedience and the love of the Lord. He has given us EVERYTHING, and He only asks for a tiny bit... He will also always bless us infinitely more than we deserve, solely because He loves us eternally. Amandine accepted immediately. She is such an elect. Her only question was "How do I pay then?" Soeur Grunke and I had a celebratory dance, to be brief. She also came to church and cried when she said bye to Soeur Grunke. I think she will truly be baptized the 27th of September. 

The third best experience of the week was receiving transfer calls. After making little jokes about my last name being a little hat, President told me that I would be staying in Clermont and training. I felt like the world stopped turning. My eyes instantly filled with tears of gratitude... the only word I could stammer out was"...Really?..." haha, I am really excited, to say the least. 

This week was kinda rough, but filled with so many tender mercies :) The Lord truly does love His children. He loves us. If we turn to Him, He will bless us with the desires of our hearts, and He will bless us with the trials and opportunities that we need to learn and grow. 

Have a wonderful week, and trust the Lord :) Jesus is the Christ.

Avec tout mon amour,

Soeur Beeny

No comments:

Post a Comment