Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Here We Go Again - September 29, 2014



Today is the first day of my last transfer as a missionary in France. Weird. Like 6 weeks ago, I find myself sitting in the internet café in Lyon. My daughter, Soeur Verrieras, is on a train to Geneva in Switzerland right now. I will be DYING in Clermont-Ferrand. My last transfer will be spent training a new sister... She's still in the MTC right now, or flying to France as I'm typing this! Holy wow. Here we go again... haha, I am really excited for what the Lord has in store for me and my Bleu!! This transfer will be full of miracles, because I'll have dying fire and Bleu Fire all in one! LOOK OUT EVERYONE! 

We started out with a super fun exchange with the sisters in Lyon! WOOHOO! Miracles happen on exchanges... seriously though, Soeur DO and I walked onto the bus of a man who had once been taught by missionaries, had a baptismal date, and then lost track of the missionaries. WHAT?! So incredible!! He was so cool. He basically threw his number at us. We did service for the coolest black sister in the world. I love doing service. I cleaned windows like they have never been cleaned before. We taught some cool lessons and helped the Lord's children strengthen their faith. 
We had some CRAZY days where all of our plans fell through and we just had to find some miracles. We taught lots of lessons anyway :) 

I woke up on Wednesday with a terribly sore throat... I still have the remnants of the cold... it has now moved to my nose and head... I BLAME THE WEATHER! It was freezing cold one day, then super hot the next day, then it was rainy. I am cold in the morning and then sweating the night. I seriously cannot explain how sick I was of being sick... then things got worse the next day.

So, Thursday morning I woke up with a rash on my legs, from my ankles to my knees, and my arms
from my elbow to my shoulders... so weird, right? It was strange and it got worse everyday. So, the mission nurse asked me to go to the emergency room... so we get TOTALLY lost going to the hospital, end up walking around Clermont for like an hour calling members, and when we finally found it, there was no one there! We knocked on the door and on the windows and no one came!! So we walked around outside for a minute and then came back and I knocked harder on the window and then someone came and yelled at me for knocking on the window... sorry lady. Then they made us wait and then I went back and he looked at my weird rash. After being in his presence for 3 minutes and him touching my leg with gloves on, he said he didn't know what it was and gave me a prescription for I don't know what. He said I probably just had an allergic reaction to the sun... But its been freezing cold, so I've been wearing tights and jackets... SOOOO, I think it's just a stress thing. I don't know. We shall see!! But that has been the strangest part of the week, haha. The sickness and rash were big oppositions for the other wonders of the week! I am on like 3 prescriptions right now, haha. I hope my body stops fighting back!! I have 6 weeks to give it my all! 

So, we had a super sweet district meeting this week.... and I forgot to tell you all the cool celebrity in our mission. TJ Haws, BYU basketball star, is in our mission!! Not just in my mission, but in my district! He's so chill. Just wanted to rub it into everyone's faces that I have ins with the BYU basketball team... Its funny to think that he's a missionary right now, and in like 2 years I'll be cheering his name in the Marriot Center, hahaha. 

Vahiné had her baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our favorite Tahitian family has a new member :) Méhorani Villierme. SO ADORABLE! It was such a joy to go see the beautiful little girl in the hospital with Anne-Flore, our ami. We spent a glorious moment together. The Spirit was close. I was in the presence of a perfect person this week. I felt so uplifted. Adorable pictures attached below :)

So, the most wonderful part of the week was Friday night... AMANDINE GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It
was so fantastic. It's been a long time coming. Her first date was the 5th of July.... and she entered the font the 26th of September 2014. It was such a joyous occasion for our whole ward! The Young Adults helped ENORMOUSLY! Picking her up for activities, bringing her to church, teaching with us, being her friend. She is so integrated it's crazy. We were all really touched by this opportunity to see one of our friends join the church and make a promise with our Heavenly Father. Her confirmation was also simple, delicate, and beautiful. The Spirit was ever present. I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of this miracle!! I even printed out a picture of Soeur Grunke and carried it around with me the whole night... Cause she was just as much a part of this process as I was :) She deserved to be there! I love and miss her... anyway, the whole experience was wonderful, even the yummy goodies we devoured afterwards :)

I have never been more nervous for transfer calls in my life... I had to meditate in my bedroom during personal study because I thought my heart was going to jump out of my throat!! We had done Bible Prophecies the day before  to predict our futures... I received Proverbs 5:4 (But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two edged sword.), 3 Nephi 17:8 (For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you.), and Doctrine and Covenants 75:11 (Praying always that they faint not; and inasmuch as they do this, I will be with them even unto the end.)  Can I just say that as we read these out loud during District meeting the missionaries were YELLING!! Like, what?! The scriptures knew that I was dying this transfer! We were freaking out, haha. So my future didn't seem too bright... except that maybe I would be healed of my stress rash, hahaha. I was super excited when President told me I would be training again. It will help me feel young :) 

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord. I love my mission more than anything in the world! The France Lyon Mission is the greatest mission in the world. We see miracles. Angels are constantly around us. I know that the Lord is pushing us forward, supporting us in every way possible, moving my feet, filling my mouth with words, and placing elect in my path. 

Stay strong. Keep the faith. Keep moving Forward. The Lord is there. He loves us. I love him. I love you. Have a wonderful week ^^

Avec tout mon amour,

Soeur Beeny

































































No comments:

Post a Comment