Sunday, June 9, 2013

Another Week, Another Story - June 3, 2013


The Days are like Weeks and the Weeks are like Days. TRUE STATEMENT! Haha, we have very long days and we fall into bed at 10:30. I'm really good about getting up on time though. 5:30. It's great to start the day by literally rolling out of bed onto your knees. It's a blessing to be here. We received two new "investigators" (our teachers role playing) this past week. Delphine and Raphael. They're awesome. We really enjoy teaching them. There were ups and downs this week though. We are getting super good at teaching about the Restoration... we just need to practice teaching other lessons as well. 

I've been having a hard time focusing on living in the moment. It's hard to not let your mind wander
back home, or over to BYU's campus which is a short walk away. I've been missing home. Well, the Lord knows me and my struggles. We had a devotional last Tuesday night by a member of the 70 and he talked about forgetting yourself and dedicating your whole soul to this work. I need to repent and humble ourselves before the Lord and realize that this is HIS time, not mine. It was an inspired talk and I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that loves me.

Soeur Roberts and I had the opportunity to teach class one day this week. We have a lot of French knowledge when you put us together. I am really helping a lot of the other missionaries. I have been teaching them different verb tenses. I love Soeur Worshom, one of my teachers. Frere Magre is pretty sweet too. They are incredible teachers. We are lucky to have them.

Wednesday was cool to see all the new missionaries. Soeur Robert's boyfriend got here on Wednesday. THEY ARE SO CUTE! She's been a little distracted, but she's getting better about it. Also, I got to see lots and lots of friends from my Provo ward that arrived last week. IT WAS SO FUN!

Okay, so the bad news. I had a breakdown on like Thursday I think. No joke. My teacher did a role play in class of our ultimate goal in becoming skilled teachers of the gospel... the lesson was beautifully flawless. I'm not sure how we were supposed to feel after his demonstration, but I automatically compared his lesson to all the dinky lessons I have given. I was completely overwhelmed with feelings of incompetence. I started crying and freaking out. Soeur Roberts was really worried about me. I just didn't know how I was going to get to that level. My teacher took me out of class and had a one on one with me. I told him I feel like I've been working so incredibly hard on the language, learning the lessons, following the spirit, but I'm not seeing the results I want to see. He told me he's been teaching missionary lessons for 3 years, and I can't expect to be there yet. I need to be patient with myself and understand that I will learn over time and that I am doing incredible where I am. I felt better afterwards and I was able to be alone for a minute to pray. The Lord comforted me and I was reminded of my success so far and how far I've come in the last three weeks.

Anyway, the rest of the week was awesome. We were taught how to street contact and how to knock doors. IM SO EXCITED! Like seriously, we have a countdown on our classroom wall of how many days until we leave. In 3 weeks/21 days I will be leaving for the beautiful country of France! Our teacher was talking about how every French stereotype is completely false. If you go into France and you learn to speak their language and you're not the average annoying American tourist, that the people will love you and really listen and talk to you. You just need to know how to approach them. So I'm excited to see :)

Yesterday was awesome. I love Sundays at the MTC. We had a fireside last night by Ted Gibons. He's an actor. He did an hour long monologue as Willard Richards, Joseph Smith's personal secretary. he talked about the last week of Joseph's life. It was mind blowing and super spiritual.

Again, I love it here. It will be hard to leave my district. Will you go add them all on FB for me? Kjersti Roberts, Paola Sarmiento, Heidi Francis, Ashley Doyle, Brinley Bingham,  Chase Player, Kenn Garner, Jordan Brown, and Hayden Rigsby. They're awesome I lOVE THEM!

Okay I serioulsy have to go... LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Keep the faith. Keep moving forward.

 
Avec Amour,
 
Soeur Victoria Beeny
 
 










 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment